About the Author: Chirag Leuva is a CEO of an iPhone app development company named Yudiz Solutions where he works to bring client ideas to reality. He enjoys pushing the limits of user interaction and finding ways to create awesome reusable components within a mobile environment.
As mobile devices and smartphones increasingly outpace desktops for all sorts of web needs, the focus is now on native apps. Naturally, app stores on various platforms are becoming the favored marketplace for millions of apps and the number is rising at rapid speed. It is no longer easy enough to get featured by app stores if you do not work towards increasing downloads, retaining your users, and become one of the top apps on the featured list. So, just like SEO, app store optimization (ASO) is becoming the order of the day to beat competition in app store. Here are 10 effective ways to use ASO to get ahead:
1. Tell your existing audience about your app
Telling any existing web users or subscribers about your mobile app is the first step to build a loyal user base. Here are some ways to do it more effectively:
- Give your users an idea about your apps with a few screenshots and pitch the benefits.
- Ask them to subscribe to your mailing list to stay updated about your upcoming app.
- On launch day, inform every one of your web users. You can consider making a promotional offer as well, but that depends on your niche.
2. SEO and keyword research
Even if your app is not yet launched or you haven’t finsihed all of your content, start SEO efforts for your app site early on.
- From the very beginning try to make your app site SEO friendly by optimizing headings and titles.
- Rigorously focus on keyword research by looking at your competitors
- Start publishing a blog about your app with target keywords. Avoid making it a promotional one and rather try to make it informative about your business niche.
Continue reading “10 Effective Ways to Beat Your Competitor in App Store” »